1. I can't download the printable. What do I do?
Due to the size of the file, it's compressed or what's called a "ZIP" file. Most computers automatically unzip the file when downloaded, but some may have issues (like older computers or smartphones, for example).
Either try a different device to download (if available) or check out this tutorial.
If you still have issues, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it right.
2. I can't edit the printable.
To use the fillable features of the printable, you will need the free Adobe Reader software.
3. The printables print with a black background.
This seems to be an issue with your computer settings and how it’s reading embedded images. Specifically, images with transparent backgrounds. Your computer is assigning a black background. Here's how to fix it.
Step #1: Check to make sure that you're using the latest version of Adobe Reader rather than your operating system's preview application.
Step #2: Open the PDF using the following instructions.
- Choose File –> Print
- Click on Advanced
- Check the “Print as Image” box and click OK.
- Click the Print button
- Choose File –> Hold it down and press Command.
- Tell the File to Open in Adobe.
- Print as normal.